The Veterans’ Bonus is a division of the Community and Veterans’ Services Department in the Office of the Treasurer. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts is proud to provide bonus payments for World War II Veterans who did not receive their bonus upon discharge or release from the armed forces.
The majority of World War II, Korea and Vietnam Veterans have already received their payments, so please call (617) 367-9333 ext 859 before submitting an application.
Please make sure you meet the requirements of eligibility before completing the application.
- Veteran must have 6 months domicile in Massachusetts immediately prior to entry into the armed forces
- Service between September 16, 1940 – June 25, 1947
- 1 day to 6 months active service: $100
- 6+ continuous months of active service: $200
- Foreign Service and Merchant Marines: $300