My HeaItheVet (www.myheaIth.va.gov) is VA’s award-winning online Personal Health Record. Access is easy and convenient anywhere the Internet is available. My HealtheVet is for Veterans, active duty Service members, their dependents, and caregivers. With My HealtheVet users access trusted and secure VA health information to better manage their health care and facts about other VA benefits and services to which they may be entitled. My HealtheVet helps users to partner with their health care teams and provides them opportunities and tools to make informed decisions.
To register, simply go to www.myhealth.va.gov and follow the directions. Users can then record and track health information and history for their family and themselves; enter past and present military service events; keep activity and food journals; record, track, and graph vital signs; and, maintain other health measures.
Veterans enrolled at a VA health care facility can also access advanced features of My HealtheVet and can link their Personal Health Record with information from their VA electronic health record. To access the advanced features, Veterans must complete a one-time process called In-Person Authentication or "lPA." This includes making a visit to their VA facility to verify their identity in person. After completing the IPA, VA patients can use My HealtheVet to:
- • Refill their VA prescriptions by name, not just by the prescription number
- • Record non-VA medications
- • Receive VA Wellness Reminders
- • Access new features as they become available
- VA patients who complete the IPA also will see their VA appointments, VA lab test results, and VA list of allergies. They may also communicate with their health care teams through "Secure Messaging" as this feature becomes available at their local VA facility.